Wednesday 23 March 2022

Peanut Soup from Western Africa- vegan

I seldom cook African recipes. After I ate this soup I have to ask myself, why the hell not?



It is vegan! But rich and fullbodied. Reading the recipe from our Organic Supermarket ALNATURA, I thought that the soup would be on the thin side. But absolutely not.



I changed some of the recipe and made it my way. It can be eaten with savoury banana fritters.



Recipe for 3:

200 g roasted unsalted peanuts

1 yellow onion, 3 garlic cloves, 1 red  chili

2 tbsp oil, 1/2 can chopped tomatoes

700 ml veg stock, 250 ml coconut milk

4-5 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp lemon juice

1/2 bunch coriander, salt, pepper



Chop the peanuts a bit. Chop onion, garlic and chili. Heat oil in a pot and toss all of it in. Give it 2 min to saute, add tomatoes and veg stock. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 min.



Add coconut milk and peanut buttet and lemon juice. Use a stick blender to make a creamy soup.



Check the seasoning and add fresh coriander.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment