Thursday 10 March 2022

Rice Hot Dogs

Emmymade showed them on YT last week.



It would have been better if I had waited until I had the full use of my left hand back. With one hand and just 3 fingers the result was not looking that great. But it tasted very good and reminded me of Onigiri.



Cook some short grain rice. That is sticky and helps to keep the rice around the Hot Dog.



The Hot Dog was the problem for me. The sausages are only available in jars. But they are so soft and I do not like their taste. I decided to use German Bockwurst. They are thicker and a lot tastier.



Ingredients for 2:

1 cup short grain rice

1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp rice vinegar, salt

1 Noori sheet halved

2 slices American cheddar cheese

2 sausages

3 tbsp Teriyaki sauce, oil

Cook the rice. Add sesame oil, vinegar and salt and let it loose some of its heat, but not letting it get cold.



Put a slice of cheese on the Noori and place a sausage with a stick on top. Roll up and close with some rice kernels. Use a hand full of rice and mold it around.



Heat some oil in a pan and get some color on the rice. Add some Teriyaki sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment