Wednesday 16 March 2022

Chicken, celery and other leftovers with Spaetzle

The leftover halve of the lemon chicken from the day before needed a new purpose. It was stripped off the carcass and waited in the fridge for me to come up with an idea.



I had no idea, but taking a lot of stuff out of the fridge on the counter showed me a solution. Throw everything in a pan and give it a bit of time to mingle together.



My household help was do nice and took the chicken 8fg the bone, chopped onion and celery stalks and I was ready to cook. She brought me a Pyrex glass dish filled with homemade Spaetzle. These are German unregular pieces of thick doughy pasta. They are from the Southwest of Germany. And she comes from that area. 



Well known recipe is Kässpätzle with fried onions and lettuce.



I used a good hand full of them to bulk out my dish.

Ingredients for 2:

1/2 oven baked chicken

2 spring onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 stalks celery 

1/2 can chopped tomatoes, 100 ml double cream, 1 tsp veg stock

Salt, pepper, smoked paprika, 1 tbsp olive oil

60 g spaetzle, parsley



Start with onion, garlic and celery cubes. Give it 5 min to get soft. Pour in the tomatoes and the cream and bring it to a boil. Season and toss in the other stuff to get heated through.

Use some chopped parsley to give it a bit more color.


No comments:

Post a Comment