Friday 12 January 2024

Block cut deep fried Potatoes

I am not a huge fan of French Fries. But I found a different kind of fries.



This is from Poppy Cooks. I watched her on SortedFood and saw a couple of her Reels. She is a potato lover and comes up with tasty recipes.

The right size of potatoes was the first problem and the right kind. Super starchy or not, that was the question. I went for the intermediate ones. In Germany called: überwiegend festkochend.



I picked the biggest of the bunch. But next time I have to look out for larger ones at the supermarket.

Peel them, top and tail them and cut off the sides to shape the potato in to a block. I was not so stricked about that, so some of the blocks were a little bend out of shape.



I boiled them in salted water for 5 min and drained them to cool down completely.

The first deep fry was at 130 C for 8 min. I took one piece out and cut that in the middle. It was fluffy inside. I took them out of the fryer and cooled them 5 min.

The heat went uo to 180 C and it took 4 min for the potato blocks to get the dark golden color.

I soaked some Patatas Bravas seasoning in water for 3 min, added Chipotle oil and 100 g curd to it. That was my dip.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment