Wednesday 3 January 2024

Leftovers Soup

The last year of food blogging was finished. Today I checked the amount of blogs. The total count was 342! I was surprised.

Since our shops closed a day before the holidays this year, many people bought more food than needed. I stocked up my fridge too. 



I prepared some great dishes, but bits and bobs of food were left over. To get just the right amount of ingredients is often difficult due to packages sizes. 



But most of it has a bit of a longer shelf life. Now is the time to work out what to do with it. Creativity helps, so does the stormy and rainy weather. Nothing better as spending time in the kitchen.

Some fragrant rice, some cooked potatoes, lots of single veggies, some cream cheese and a bit of bacon went on the kitchen counter. Then I picked a fresh bay leaf off my tree.



All this does not sound very interesting, but the soup was very good and warmed me up from the inside today.



Cut all the veggies in small pieces. They went on top of the cooked bacon and the broth helped to cook it in 10 min. 

Rice and potatoes only needed to warm up again. They went in next. To make the soup more rich in taste, some scoops of cream cheese helped with that.



Just check the seasoning and then tuck in.

There is no list of ingredients. Just look through your fridge and pantry and give it a go. Use up some turkey or ham or make it completely vegetarian, your choice!


No comments:

Post a Comment