Thursday, 10 September 2026

Banana Carrot Cake GF

I am trying a gluten free cake recipe when one of my friends is visiting me again, she has to stay away from wheat gluten.



The recipe was dubbed a fail by "Nicol Nic 99", because she did not use any sweetener, just the bananas.



I added coconut flower sugar and a good dose of mixed spice to get some taste in the cake.



It is in the oven now and after frosting it, I am looking forward to try it.




The method is simple, just mash the bananas, and use a box grater for the carrots. A simple bowl and a spatula are all the other tools needed.




Preheat the oven 180 C and bake for 30 min.



Check with a wooden skewer if the cake is ready. Let it cool down completely and top it with frosting.



And the verdict: a tasty soft cake!

Ingredients:

150 g carrots

2 soft bananas

2 eggs

23 g coconut flour

30 g coconut flower sugar

20 ml olive oil

30 ml milk

Pinch of salt

1/2 tsp mixed spice

Frosting:

150 g cream cheese

Coconut cream

Dessicated coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment