Monday, 5 October 2026

Grilled Zucchini Dip

Or Courgette Dip.



Some call it pesto because they like to eat it with pasta. But I will use it in different ways.



My main dish today will be some kind of risotto. I have not started it yet, but the grilled zucchini comes first.



If you can put it on an outdoor BBQ grill it will be much faster. I used my Le Creuset cast iron grill pan. It is so heavy that I need 2 hands to handle it. 



It takes some time until the 0,5 cm slices of zucchini caught some grill lines. I chucked a large green onion in bigger chunks in the pan too. A bit of avocado oil sprayed helped a bit.



In a small pan without any fat I dryroasted peeled almonds. Keep an eye on them, they will turn dark from one second to the next.



I filled my Thermomix with all other ingredients and added the hot veggies.  The blend kept a coarse consistency.

I added some of it to a zucchini risotto later.

Ingredients:

1 medium zucchini/courgette

4 garlic cloves

8 sorrel leaves

A bunch fresh basil

50 ml olive oil

Salt and pepper

35 g Grana Padano






No comments:

Post a Comment