Thursday, 1 October 2026

Pork and Potato Soup

After my Austrian trip I needed something basic with lots of vegetables. Soups are my go to very often. 



I took out a couple of veggies from my fridge, potatoes from a bucket and a freshly grown Salsa Pepperoni from my balcony together with fresh herbs and a bay leaf.



I've bought ground pork in the morning. It is enough soup for 2 days and a portion for my neighbor.



Peeling and chopping all veggies was the main work today. After potatoes and carrots were done, I started to brown the ground pork in some oil. Di not forget to season with salt and pepper. That gave me enough time to prepare the onions, garlic and pepper. The kettle heated the water for the soup.



The veggies needed a couple of minutes together with the browned pork to get some color. Then water, stock cube and herbs went in. A little more seasoning followed.

That all cooked for 25 min. A small dash of soy sauce for depth of flavour and the soup was ready to serve.

Ingredients:

500 g ground pork

2 tbsp grapeseed oil

Salt and pepper

2 carrots

2 shallots

1 red onion

1 large green onion

4 garlic cloves

4 medium potatoes

2 carrots

50 g green top of a leek

1 red bell pepper

1 red chili

1 bay leaf

3 stalks of oregano 1 of majoram

1 beef stock cube

750 ml water




No comments:

Post a Comment