Tuesday 15 December 2015

My joy of cooking Asian style

Fast food without being Fast Food

Evening meals as a quick solutions against sugar lows.
Or call it a raid through the fridge.
Everything laying around and needs to get done or it would spoil.
Leftover discovery and their way back to a new purpose.

Call it as you like it.


I was inspired by some YouTube videos about living in Japan, the culture, the history and especially the food. 
Since I love to eat and prepare Sushi, many ingredients are known to me already. And many things to buy I can get in my local supermarket. Even Misopaste and Dashi stock.

A dish of Udon noodles, Ramen or Soba is very quick, egg dishes like Soboro or a square Tamagoyaki omelet and my favorite Omurice are Fast Food for me.

So, I often experiment with western foods and make them into something Japanese. My thinking of Japanese may not be the real kitchen of that country, but flavours and cooking styles giving me confidence, that I´m doing something right.

Tonight I wanted something quick and noodles are a good solution for that.


                               Egg Soboro, cold Soba Tsuyu Sauce, fried peppers and hot noodles

Egg Soboro:
2 eggs
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sake
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 pinch dried salad herbs
1 tbsp light sesame oil
3 tbsp dried fried onions

a small pot, 4 wooden chopsticks and some elbow grease

Mix the eggs with the seasoning and heat up the oil in the pot.
Take the 4 chopsticks in one hand, put the egg mixture into the hot oil and instantly start to stir with that chopsticks, it will take a good time and some endurance to make small crumbles of egg. When it is cooked and completely in small pieces, take it off the heat.
The peppers are Spanish Tapas veggies, just use very hot oil and get them a good black skin, take them out of the oil onto kitchen paper and season with salt and dried fried onions.

Place the cold Soba Tsuyu Sauce beside the hot noodles, combine with veggies and egg and have a great dish to enjoy.  Spain meets Japan!






No comments:

Post a Comment