Thursday 9 February 2017

Instant Ramen "Hot Dog"

I found this on YT from two Japanese guys - TabiEats! I love their videos and I can still dream about my last trip to Japan. Some videos are about food hauls but some are recipes.
I bought a couple of Instant Ramen Packages to check out the taste- but I am not a huge fan of instant noodles. I had no problem to give up a package for this fun.


Others make Ramen Burgers - but the trend is out now - so how about a Hot Dog?

recipe:
1 package Instant Ramen and  do not throw away the seasoning
1 egg
2 Wiener sausages
2 gherkins
1 spring onion
1 tsp mirin
1 tsp oil  and some for the foil
American Mustard

Cook the Ramen for 2 minutes and drain well.
In a bowl beat the egg and toss in the noodles and the seasoning package. Stir well.
Use 2 sheets of aluminium foil and oil them both.


Divide the noodles between both sheets and form them into a sausage. Store in the fridge for an hour.
Chop spring onion and gherkins and make a little relish, set aside.




Cut the noodles lengthwise in the middle to make room for the sausages later and put them into the oven 180 C for 15 minutes. In a pan brown the sausages. 
Get them out of the oven and fill them with  relish and a sausage topped with mustard .



 

No comments:

Post a Comment