Saturday 25 February 2017

Mussels with Curry and Cream

I was grocery shopping in France once again. I bought a huge package of mussels for lunch today.


I love a bit of spice when I eat mussels, so I made a sauce with 3 different types of curry and a bit of creme fraiche and that made one tasty dish.

I had a lot of work to do, I discovered that about 90 % of all mussels were open in the package. Since you have to make sure the mussels are alive, I had to tap each and ever one on the surface of my hob to make sure that they closed themselves.
3 mussels were broken and discarded and about 8 mussels were dead, RIP!
After washing them and cooking them for 3- 4 minutes, all opened up again and were ready to eat. Dunk in some fresh baguette.


recipe for 2 or one hungry one:
2 kg mussels
1 sheet of leek
3 spring onions
2 clove of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
50 ml Noilly Prat
100 ml water
3 tsp different kinds of curry powder
4 tbsp of creme fraiche.
pepper


Chop leek sheet, spring onions and garlic and in a huge pot heat up some olive oil and toss it in and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the 3 curry powders and give them 1 more minute. Add the liquid and chuck in all the mussels.
Close the lid and wait for 3 minutes.


When the mussels are open (throw away the still closed ones now) add the creme fraiche and give it a good stir and serve in a huge bowl.  Take a second bowl to the table for all the empty shells.
Soak up the rest of the sauce with amounts of fresh bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment