Saturday 31 March 2018

Pomme Aligot with scrambled eggs

Donal Skehan recently posted a YT video with these cheesy potatoes. They were very creamy and he served them with bacon. That is fat on fat.


I made my own way of this recipe. Basically cheese fondue with mash.

My method is different from Donals. I used the Thermomix and cooked the potatoes in the basket, after I shredded the 2 cheeses.

I bought 2 kinds of cheese. Gryere as the main cheese and a saffron cheese from a 100km north situated cheese barn. They offer cheese making seminars and I am thinking about taking a course. The next 6 month are sold out already.

If you like cheese fondue and like rich buttery potato mash, you are in for a treat.


Recipe for 3:
650 g potatoes
Salt, pepper and nutmeg
120 ml milk
40 g butter
150 g Gryere
80 g Saffron cheese

6 eggs
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp parsley
Salt and pepper

Grate the cheeses and set aside.
Peel and quarter  the potatoes and cook them until soft. Drain.
Put them through a potato ricer and warm up the milk.
Mix with butter,milk and cheeses until creamy and shiny.

Make scrambled eggs.  

I have a lot of the cheesy potatoes left over. You will see them in an other recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment