Sunday 4 March 2018

Soba Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing

This is the second idea from the new Asian Noodle Kitchen cookbook.


I am having marinated chicken thighs today and wanted something tasty and Asian to go with it. Since my trip to Japan, Soba noodles are one of my favourite kinds of Asian noodles. They are so versatile.

I prepared a cold salad to go with my chicken and added some of the still sitting around vegetables.
It needs a good 30 minutes to rest before serving. The flavours have to soak into the soba noodles.
That gave me enough time to cook the chicken legs.


recipe for 2:
80 g soba noodles
1 carrot
1 handful pulled edamame beans
1 red chili
1 endive
2 tbsp  chopped chervil
2 spring onions
2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp shoyu or dark soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
1 tsp dark honey
pepper and salt

Cook the soba noodles and wash them in cold water. Put a little sesame oil on so they do not stick.
Finely slice the carrots and spring onions, chili and the endive.


Make the dressing and put everything together.
Finish with sesame seeds and chervil.

No comments:

Post a Comment