Friday 16 March 2018

Tonkatsu for Dinner

A German pork schnitzel is a nice piece of protein to serve. There are a so many ways to prepare it. Most cuisines have a some kind of schnitzel in there repertoire.
When I ordered it at my butcher, she asked me if I wanted it flattened and very thin.


I was looking at 2 choices: Italian Milanese Style or Japanese style.

I went for the Asian method. Easier and a little bit healthier than meat wrapped in cheese and egg crust in a heavy tomato sauce.

Recipe:
1 pork schnitzel
1 egg
2 tbsp flour
5 tbsp panko
Salt and pepper
Tonkatsu sauce
1/2 cup short grain rice
Ao Nori
Spinach
Garlic and spring onion
Nutmeg

Season the pork and season the flour. Bread it and in 1 cm oil hot oil fry it on both sides. Drain it on kitchen paper. Drizzle with Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment