Tuesday 20 March 2018

Tarte rustique forestière à la Raclette

I found the idea in my newest Gourmand magazine issue from France. "All recipes without meat".


The recipe caught my eye the first time I opened it and I had ready made shortcrust pastry and raclette cheese brought with me from France. I just needed to buy the fresh stuff on the next weekend.

They used mushrooms out of a glass. That is a no go kind of mushroom for me. If I can´t get fresh ones, I sometimes use dried mushrooms. But most of the time the big supermarkets have the basic ones that are cultured in cellars in stock. I bought white and brown button mushrooms and oyster mushrooms.

This recipe is very easy and economic, the pricey ingredient was the package of Raclette au 3 poivre, (with 3 kinds of peppers).  It just took about 20 minutes to prepare the stuff ahead. That is the time my oven needs to get to 200 C.

recipe:
1 shortcrust pastry
1 egg yolk
1 red onion
1 spring onion
3 cloves of garlic
30 g butter
200 g oyster mushrooms
250 g white and brown button mushrooms
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
6 slices of Raclette cheese
1 tbsp Parmesan
salt and pepper and thyme
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper


Chop the onions and garlic and start them in a large pan in butter while you clean and chop the mushrooms. They will need 5 min. Season with salt and pepper.


Add the mushrooms and on high heat cook them until they fall in and loose all the water. Add the chopped parsley and mix well.
Get of the heat and let it cool down 5 min.
Roll out the shortcrust pastry in the baking paper and spread the mustard all over.
Place the raclette cheese slices on top.
Leave a 1 inch ring free.
Pour the mushroom mix on top and fold the sides over. Spread some Parmesan on top.
Brush the outside rim with egg yolk.
Bake at 200 C for 30 min. Eat it hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment