Monday 1 August 2022

Cajun Butter Chicken Thighs

I was looking for something easy for Sunday lunch. I had 4 chicken thighs from my grocery haul in France. They needed to be cooked. Searing them in a pan with a little veg sounded smart. 



Cajun chicken popped up in my mind. But my last Cajun seasoning was empty. But all basic spices are as single spices here. I make my own spice blend.



Some fresh harvested red chili, garlic and onions and a celery stalk went in the pan as veggies. I cut off a piece of my red chili to taste the heat. I was a bit dissapointed. Hot and spicy are not the words I would describe it.



Recipe for 2:

4 chicken thighs

4 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp oil,

1 celery stalk, 1 red chili, 3 garlic cloves, 2 shallots

4 tsp Cajun spice blend or

Homemade:

1 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp brown sugar, 

Salt and pepper, 100 ml wine



Rub the chicken thighs with the spice blend, salt and pepper. Heat up 1 tbsp butter with the oil and on medium heat cook them on both sides 6 to 7 mi  each. Make sure that they are cooked through. 



In the last 5 min, add butter and the chopped veggies and then the wine and put a lid on.

Eat with the side you like. I had some leftover potato mash and that was a good combination.






No comments:

Post a Comment