Friday 19 August 2022

Taramosalata Greek style

This is a pink cream I stumbled upon on my second trip to Greece 20 years ago. That time I was unimpressed and thought: Why do they call it a salad?


On different trips to Greece later I started to like it. It is some kind of acquired taste.

Getting the cod roe is not so easy here. It is the main component for the taste. But not in quantity. Potatoes are more. But use old bread rolls if you like. But I like the other version more.

Ingredients:

3 cooked cooled potatoes

1 shallot

100 g pink cod roe

1 cup olive oil

2 lemons juiced

Pepper




I used my Thermomix and cooked the potatoes in the basket, drained and cooled them

The shallot was minced in the maschine next, then I added potatoes and cod roe. Mix at speed 5 for 2 min. Now comes the fun part. Put the stopper on to the lid and pour the olive oil on the lid. Let it drip while mixing on slow speed, add the lemon juice later and finish with pepper. Cool in the fridge for 1 hour to set.

I prefare to eat it with raw vegetables as a dip. But bread will work as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment