Tuesday 12 September 2017

Blueberry Ketchup from Scandinavia

In my Garden magazine issue was a story about different countries and their BBQ styles.  This is the Swedish blueberry sauce that is served with flat bread and game meat.



I wanted to try this recipe for a month now and finally I bought some blueberries and I was ready to go. The taste of the warm ketchup was incredible and I want to prepare more of it as long as the blueberries are in season.


recipe for one small jar:
300 g blueberries
1/2 lime
60 g brown sugar
1 tsp sweet paprika powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp Ancho chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
4 stalks of thyme


Place all ingredients into a pot and start to boil until the blueberries pop.
Reduce the heat and cook for 35 minutes until the mix gets syrupy.
Fill in a clean jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment