Friday 15 September 2017

Indian Mango Rice Salad

I have a ripe mango in my fruit basket.


During the commute home I thought about something not sweet to eat containing that mango.
I arrived home and checked Google and found an idea. The recipe there was pretty basic and just contained 2 teaspoons full of curry powder. That is not my way of cooking Indian cuisine.
I gave the recipe a swift kick in the backside and came out with a salad that will be one of my future summer salads.It is soooo tasty and really fast to prepare.


recipe:
250 g Basmati rice
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp dried lovage
2,5 l salted water



1 ripe mango
120 g cherry tomatoes
3 spring onions
1 bunch chives
1/4 bunch parsley
1 lime zest and half of the juice

300 g Greek yogurt
2 tsp java curry powder
2 tsp agave syrup
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
salt and pepper


Cook the rice with the spices in the water and drain and let it cool down.
Peel the mango and cut the flesh in bite size pieces, set aside.
Chop spring onion and chives and parsley and half the tomatoes.
Mix that with the cold rice.
Make the dressing and mix that in the rice mix.
Add the lime zest and lime juice and the fresh mango pieces.
Serve and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment