Wednesday 27 September 2017

Pavlova

The guys from SortedFood posted a list of different dishes you should have cooked
until you are 30 years old. Several of these dishes are typical for Britain, but since I follow Sorted for more then 4 years now I have cooked them all but one.


This one is the classic Pavlova. An Australian/ New Zeeland sweet treat.

I told my coworkers that I intent to bake a Pavlova tonight and they all stared at me with blank faces. I asked around and nobody knows this dish.


Recipe:
4 egg whites
250 g sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar
300 ml double cream
Raspberries, Physalis and Passionfruit seeds


Whip up the egg whites to stiff peaks, then add the sugar tbsp by tbsp until glossy.
Peaks again, add cornstarch, vanilla and vinegar and beat once more.
fill into a piping bag.
use baking paper and sprinkle some cornflour on top.


use a dinnerplate as a template for the circle.
pipe the mix on and make a higher wall around the outside.


bake at 130 C fan or 150 C for 1 hour, let it cool down in the oven completely for 3 hours.


whipp up the cream, no sugar.
clean the fruits and top that thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment