Saturday 23 March 2019

Inari Sushi

My friend bought Abura Age ready made for Inari Sushi. She did not know what she bought and had a different taste profile in her head. Something like crispy dough and savoury taste.
She was put off by the sweetness and the texture. They were a complete fail for her. She only used 3 pouches and thrown the rest back into the freezer.


When we met she gave me the frozen pack. I was looking forward to prepare it. I love this stuff and been eating it since 2006. May be it is an acquired taste.


I used Sushi rice and made the rice dressing at home and poured some over it. I took my hair dryer out from the bathroom to cool it down. Then mixed it with toasted sesame seeds.


I wanted a variety of flavours, so I bought some smoked Salmon, cooked some Edamame Beans, chopped some red bell pepper and use flat leaf parsley.


recipe:
12 Inari Sushi pouches
250 g Sushi Rice
3 tbps Rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sesame seeds
3 slices of smoked Salmon
1/3 red bell pepper
50 g Edamame beans
soy Sauce
Wasabi paste


Warm the pouches in the microwave for a few seconds. This way they are easier to open. Get your finger inside and open up to the edges.
Roll some Rice and stick it in to fill it.
Either eat it that way or top it off with the other ingredients.







No comments:

Post a Comment