Tuesday 21 June 2022

Chicken Cheese Sauce or Blanc de Poulet au Morbier

This is a French recipe. LIDL had a French week recently and I bought a couple of different cheeses. Morbier was one of them.



I had a frozen chicken breast ready to be cooked and needed something to go with it. I wanted an idea and just the words chicken breast and Morbier gave me the French recipe. I missed some of the ingredients, but I made my own version of the recipe.



I served it with rice. But potatoes or pasta goes well with it too.

Morbier is a tasty semi hard cheese with a thin line of ash in the middle. It melts perfectly.



I used two different kinds of whole peppercorns to give this dish a great flavour. I grounded them fresh in a small pestle and mortar.



Recipe:

450 g chicken breast, 200 g Morbier

5 shallots, 2 garlic cloves

1 tsp Szechuan pepper 1 tsp long Kampot pepper

1 tbsp butter, 100 ml wine, 200 ml double cream

Salt, pepper, Piment d'Espelette



Cut the chicken breast in strips and season them. In a bit butter brown them on both sides, no need to cook them through. Best fo it in two batches. Put them in an oven proof dish.



In the same pan with a little more butter brown the halved shallots snd garlic. After a vouple of min, add wine and cream. Season and add 1/3 of the Morbier.



Pour over the chicken. Slice the cheese in small tranches and set them on top.

Preheat the oven to 180 C and bake for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment