Sunday 12 June 2022

Strawberry and Cottage Cheese Toast Lithuanian style

This is a common breakfast idea from Lithuania and I am just in the right season to try it.



I've watched YT videos from Beryl Shereshewsky again and she asked people what they put on toast. This one stuck to me, because during my trip through the Baltic states I saw bowls of cottage cheese on several breakfast buffets. 



But in the middle of September there were no fresh strawberries in sight. 

On the way to my vacation home I stopped at a large supermarket and bought all what I needed for the weekend. A punnet of local strawberries went in the shopping basket first. On my way through the different isles to complete my groceries I remembered the video and looked for cottage cheese and toast.

Put two slices of bread in a toaster. Butter it and spread cottage cheese all over. Wash and hull some strawberries and slices them. Place them on top and drizzle all with some honey.

Go outside on the balcony and enjoy the morning heat in the sun and have a lovely breakfast. It is as good too, when you eat it inside.






No comments:

Post a Comment