Thursday 16 June 2022

Panzanella Salad with Jerk Chicken Leg

Last night the new fridge im my holiday apartment arrived. Working with an electric camping ice box is over. That was great news because the increase of summer heat over the last two days.



Today is a church holiday in the mostly catholic areas of Germany. I had to get food for two days. There is a lot of day traffic around here with the many lakes. Best to stay away from the crowds.



There is a good bakery chain in the district. I bought different kinds of bread there. From the last slices of the older one, I cut off the crust, cut the bread in slices. With oil and butter and 2 cloves of young garlic they went in a pan. Tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion and mixed lettuce leaves went in the bowl too. Just an easy oil and vinegar dressing with some dried salad herbs.



Let the salad sit for 20 min to let the bread soak up some dressing.

Jerk Chicken Seasoning is a combination of many different spices. Some of them were in my cook box I brought from home. I rubbed the chicken legs and let them sit for 20 min. 



Cooked in a pan with a little oil first to blacken, then with some fresh chili and chicken stock with a lid on for 35 min. Check if they are done.




No comments:

Post a Comment