Wednesday 7 September 2022

Apricot Dessert

This years apricots are on the dry or tasteless side. Maybe the drought is the problem. I bought an other pack, but it was the same less tasteing fruits. After I ate a quarter of the punnet of apricots, I knew only two different options. Throw them in the organic wate bin or cook them in a tasty liquid and use them in a dessert. I decided on the second option.



It took 30 min, water, peach syrup and lemon juice and a lot of patience to get a good result and some edible apricots.



Next I was on a mission to find the other components of my dessert. Some double cream and an open bag of merengue made one. Vanilla pudding freshly cooked was an other. I needed a bit of crunch. A box of breakfast granola came in my sight. It is oats with dried mango, white chocolate and tumeric.



The box with chocolate sprinkles was the final touch. Now I only had to bring everything gogether and put in the fridge to cool down.



Recipe for 4:

500 ml whole milk, 40 g sugar, 1 package Dr. Oetker vanilla pudding

200 ml double cream, 2 tsp vanilla sugar, 3 medium merengue

200 g apricots destoned, 100 ml water, 1/2 lemon juiced, 1 tbsp peach syrup

Chocolate sprinkles, granola

Start with the granola, then top with apricots. Next pudding, then stiff besten cream mixed with crushed merengue. Chocolate sprinkles and a 1/2 apricot on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment