Wednesday 14 September 2022

Kohlrabi Corn and Habanero Soup -vegetarian

I had the idea to grow Habanero Chili Peppers on my balcony. But only 2 fruits came off it.



Since my Indian Ghost Pepper were super hot, I cut off one small piece from the Habanero. No need to cough and it smelled fruity. Then I chewed the small bit. Hot but edible. I took the seeds out and cut the top off and threw the whole piece in the Thermomix together with onions and garlic.



The other ingredients were a huge piece of kohlrabi, 5 potatoes and one cobb of corn, just the kernels.



I dumped in my large jar of homemade chicken stock and cooked it for 30 min. A bit of cream and spices with nutmeg followed.

The soup was creamy and spicy, but great to eat.



Recipe for 4:

650 g kohlrabi, 450 g potatoes, 1 fresh corn on the cobb, 2 onions, 4 garlic cloves, 1 habanero

700 ml veg stock, 30 g butter, 100 ml double cream

Salt, pepper, nutmeg

Since I cooked in my Thermomix 31, I put onions, garlic and habanero in first and at speed 6 for 5 seconds shredded it. Scrape the sides with a spatula down and add butter. Cook at Varoma for 2,5 min at speed 2.

Get all chunky veggies in and at speed 7 shred them for 8 sec. Scrape the sides and the lid and add stock. Season.



Cook for 30 min at 100C speed 2

Add cream and taste for seasoning and cook 3 min more. Add some parsley on top of some cream cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment