Wednesday 24 May 2023

Asparagus in Panko Butter coating and Prawns

Since I am going on holiday next week, I need to get my fill of the white gold. The season ends on St.Johns Day.



The combination with seafood is great and a block of frozen giant prawns waited in the freezer for me. It is always a joy to peel and clean them :-(  But I bought some tools for that purpose!



After cleaning them under running water, I made a marinate with a Caribbean seasoning, some garlic powder and a little oil. I let them sit in it until the asparagus in the pan was nearly done.



Fresh short sticks of asparagus from the field I bought early this morning. I had to peel tgem, but that is work I love to do. They wentbin a medium hot pan with some oil to get a good bit of color all around. A good knob of butter helped along the way with some seasoning. 3 tbsp of water created enough steam to cook the stalks some more. At last 2 hands full of Panko breadcrumbs went all over it and it took a couple of minutes to brown and cling to the different asparagus stalks.   



That time was fine to let the prawns hit an other very hot pan to get from grey to pink orange. Ready to be served alongside the asparagus.


No comments:

Post a Comment