Sunday 3 July 2016

Belgian Blueberry Waffles

I splurged for a new kitchen helper.
For many years now I had Thermomix TM 21 and used it a lot. Sitting beside the hob and easy to work with it during cooking. And I can´t count how many mason jars of jams and jellies I have cooked in it. All the doughs for breads, cakes and cookies and so on. Steaming veggie and cooking complete meals.

A new TM 5 was launched last year and it is one which prevents you from doing a freestyle cooking. I was looking for the former model, the TM  31. And I got lucky and found a unused one.
Since it arrived yesterday, I am busy getting the handling and cooking a lot. Works well!


I am uploading recipes to Sortedfood and today upload my 300th recipe. To celebrate that, I baked the Belgian waffles and used the TM31 to make the batter.

recipe for 10 waffles:
250 g flour
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
80 g sugar
2 eggs
20 g fresh yeast
50 ml milk
50 ml water
125 g melted butter

60 g blueberries
40 g icing sugar


Warm the milk to 37 C and add a tsp of sugar and the yeast to it and stir and give it 3 minutes.
Add all other ingredients except the blueberries and the icing sugar and mix quiet well .
Let it sit in a warm place covered for 30 minutes.
Oil the waffle iron.
Fill the iron with enough batter and drop some fresh blueberries on top. Close the waffle iron and bake until done.
Put icing sugar on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment