Friday 26 August 2016

Chocolate Rice Pudding

We had an extremly hot late August day here with 36 C in the afternoon. Driving home from work, even with air condition wasn´t fun and I kept thinking what to eat as dinner.


Slaving in the kitchen over a hot stove was no option and I decided to use my new kitchen helper to cook a full meal. The Thermomix TM31. I was looking for something sweet so I tried my hand at rice pudding.  Normally I cook it on the hob, it makes a mess often and takes a lot of patience and often stirring. This time, no way.
From start to finish, everything done in one "pot".

recipe for the TM31

125 g Carneroli rice
30 g butter
550 g whole milk
1 egg seperated
1 pinch of vanilla
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
30 g sugar
1/4 tsp salt
30 g dark chocolate
20 g chocolate chips
3 tbsp double cream

Put in the egg white with the butterfly and whisk it until stiff. Pour it out of the pot and rinse it.
Put the butter in the pot and add the washed rice. 2 minutes on 100 C power 1
add vanilla, vanilla sugar, sugar and salt and the  milk,  35 min on 90 C power 1
add the chocolate brocken into pieces 5 min on 90 C power 1
When the alarm sounds, drop in the egg yolk and let it stir 15 seconds.
Get the pot out and add the stiff egg white.
Pour half of it into a bowl, add some chocolate chips and drizzle some cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment