Tuesday 16 August 2016

Icelandic Lamb Soup or Kjötsupá

When you read my blogs about Iceland you will find food I have eaten touring the island. At the Geysir Center I was in the cantina and had the famous Icelandic lamb soup. Enjoying it and I was planning on making it at home, when enough people sit around the table -who eat lamb!


Now I have friends over and the time is right to make this soup. I am looking forward to it.

recipe:
1,6 kg lamb meat on the bone - I had back of lamb cut into slices
2 stalks of lovage
5 bay leaves
3 cloves of garlic
2 stalks cellerie leaves
peppercorns
salt
2 liters of water

5 carrots
1/4 celeriac
5 potatoes
white of one leek
or any kind of root vegetables, you can lay your hands on.
2 tbsp parsley 

Cook the meat with the upper ingredients for 45 min, take off the foam that will show to get a clear broth. After that time get the meat out and let it cool down to handle. Add the cubed vegetables to the broth and cook them until they are soft. Get rid of the bones and put the meat back into the soup. Reheat it and finish with parsley.

Serve it with fresh baked bread and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment