Sunday 21 June 2020

Air Fryer Fries

I love my new kitchen helper.


I bought some large potatoes, just the right size for fries. I have only used the air fryer for shop bought fries yet and was curious how the fresh ones would come out.


I made them rough, just washed the 2 potatoes and cut them into thick batons.


It it good to water them a bit to get the starch out. I put htem in cold water for 10 min. Drained them and put them in cold water again for an other 10 min.

In a kitchen towl to dry completely.

I used some olive oil, smoked paprika and Herbes de Provence and tossed the batons in.

The air fryer basket was just filled to 1/3. At 180 C for 25 min, shaking the basket 3 times during cooking.


Recipe for a dip:
4 tbsp Smetana or sour cream
3 tbsp sweet and spicy mustard
1 tbsp Sriracha
chives       

No comments:

Post a Comment