Sunday 28 June 2020

Coconut French Toast

I bought a bag of Brioche slices on my last trip to France. I was a bit in a hurry and saw it on a board with toast slices and thought I bought these. When I took them out of one of my large shopping bags, they were kind of squished. Toast does not do that. I looked on the lable, ét voila, I bought Brioche.


I had some slices still in the bag. French toast sounded great for Sunday breakfast. Coconut cream was still in the fridge, open. I only had a few spoons of whole milk left from my morning coffee. Why not do it a different way as usual?


Recipe for 8 slices or 2 people:
Brioche bread
250 ml coconut cream
4 tbsp milk
2 eggs
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp coconut flower sugar
Cinnamon
Hand full dessicated coconut
Butter
Alba oil
Jam


Mix eggs, coconut milk, milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
Dunk the bread in.
Use a large pan and heat up butter and oil.
Transfer the bread into the pan and sprinkle on top with dessicated coconut.
Turn and sprinkle the other side, turn again.


Serve with some jam.




No comments:

Post a Comment