Monday 15 June 2020

Apple Streusel Cake

Baking without any kind of recipe is an adventure.


I cleaned out my pantry and found a jar of apple compote from Poland.
Jabłka praźone - translates  Roasted Apples


It was a gift from a Polish lady working in a spa. She told me to bake with it, but did not give me a recipe.  When I had my next appointment she wanted to give me the exact method of cooking, but I never saw her again because she went very ill and stopped working. Since last year the jar of apple compote was sitting on a shelve.


I bought a package of ready made shortcrust pastry a while ago for a recipe I did not do later. Before it reached the expiration date, I wanted to bake with it.


Two ingredients down. That sounded a bit meager for a cake. And not enough zo fill the baking dish.
A small package of curd and some Dr.Oetcker pudding powder was an idea.

I filled all mixtures into the cake tin and discovered that it did no reach the rim of the pastry.


To fill it up, I whipped up some streusel the same way my Mom did always do it. 2:1:1/2 with a little salt and cinnamon. No recipe needed.

I baked the cake for 1 hour at 180 C.


Recipe for a 18x18 cm or 7 in tin:

1 ready made shortcrust pastry
250 g curd 20%
1 egg
1 pudding powder package
2 tbsp vanilla sugar
2 1/2 tbsp sugar
Pinch Vanilla bean pod ground
850 g Jabłka praźone

Streusel:
100 g flour
20 g almond flour
60 g butter
30 g sugar
Pinch salt
Cinnamon

When the shortcrust pastry is sitting in the baking tin add the mixed curd batter.
With a spoon dollop the apples on top.

Make the streusel and place them on top

No comments:

Post a Comment