Wednesday 3 June 2020

Polenta Fries

Polenta is a side dish I am not so fond of. Mostly it tastes bland and uninspiring.


I prepared a bit with lots of chicken stock, dried lovage and pinent d'Esplette.
It was good and the rest did not go into the bin as usual.
I spread it on a plate about 1,5 cm thick and cooled it in the fridge over night.


When it was solid, I cut it French Fry style.

Now a garlic and oregano olive oil was spread on the sticks.


Since this is a new airfryer recipe, I sprayed some oil into the basket and put the fries in.

It takes 20 min at 200 C to make them crispy on the outside and still soft in the middle. Shake it 2 times while cooking so that the fries do not stick to the bottom.

I ate them with a dip of 2 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tsp light rose colored balsamic vinegar and a dash of Jim Beam.

Finally a way to enjoy more polenta.


60 g polenta
3 times the volume of the polenta in good seasoned chicken stock

1/2 tsp dried lovage
1/2 tsp dried garlic
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil

200C in the airfryer for 20 min





No comments:

Post a Comment