Wednesday 30 December 2020

Chicken Puff Pastry Squares

Upcycling my Christmas Eve leftovers. A nice way to eat the dinner again, without just reheating it.  Pastries on the days after the holidays are a good choice to get rid of the amount of food that nobody could have eaten on these days. 



I had the few veggies from the tray stored in a Tupperware container. I only discarded the olives and the quartered lemons. I put the veggies in one of my mini choppers and made a coarse blend.  I ripped one of the chicken breast into strips. While doing so I remembered my jar of homemade cranberry sauce. Why not.



I cut 15 cm wide strips from the puff pastry roll and brushed the edges with egg wash.




A layer of veg mix up to the middle, a couple of strips of chicken on top and two teaspoons of cranberry sauce. The pastry folded over, pressed down and sealed with a fork around the edges. Egg wash on top. Black and white sesame seeds and chili flakes on top.



At 200 C for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment