Friday 4 December 2020

White Tiger Prawns as a small Starter

My good friend and I had booked a Prawn Cooking Event in May  for November, 26th 2020. But due to the Pandemic it was cancelled. We also had planned a nice Restaurant dinner to celebrate my birthday. You know what: the Restaurant has closed.



I invited my friend and cooked her dinner. The White Tiger Prawns were just a little hommage to the missed event. She is highly lactose intolerant. That is the reason I bought lactose free dairy products. 

She is not a fan of fresh herbs like coriander and parsley, but likes some dill when she eats smoked salmon. So I sneaked in fresh dill in both starters. I made a very unusual Guacamole. Lets call it an avocado dip. And I created something on a spoon. The season of the cooking show "The Taste" had just ended.



2 Spoons:

3 tbsp lactose free creme fraiche, smoked sea salt, Japanese Sancho pepper, a pinch Shimichi Togarashi

1tbsp chopped dill, butter roasted Rye sourdough bread in tiny cubes

1/4 of a date tomato and a little fennel fond per spoon

1 fresh baked salted prawn per spoon

Mix the upper ingredients with the dill and place a neat dollop on the middle of the spoon. Adf the fresh baked prawn right on top. Place tiny bread cubes around and set a slice of tomato topped with a fennel fond on the side.



2 jars:

1 avocado, 2 date tomatoes, 1 tsp fresh dill, lime juice, lemon sea salt, pepper

1 baked salted prawn per jar

Get the flesh of the avo out of its peel and mix it with the lemon juice and mash it a little. Do not make a fine paste. Mix in the other ingredients and fill it in the jars. Place a baked prawn on top and serve both immediately.

1 comment: