Monday 7 December 2020

Prawns and Rice Tagliatelle Stir Fry

This is a very quick recipe from Chef Stefan Marquard in his home kitchen cooking during the pandemic. In one of his last Q&A has asked his viewers what kind of dishes he should prepare. Asian stir frys were asked a lot. This is nearly the way he did it on YT. But you know me, I have my own twists.



If you are looking for Fast Food without asking the delivery service, I can recommend this dish. I always stock my freezer with prawns. Rice noodles or other Asian noodles are in a wide range in my kitchen drawers. I only have to pick.  But you can use Italian pasta as well.



I finally got my induction wok out if the basement. I have it for so many years, but it is too large to store in the kitchen. I usually use a frying pan for stir frys. But I was in the basement anyway unloading the dryer and remembered to get the wok.



Recipe  for 2:

8 white tiger prawns defrosted, 1 large shallot, 3 spring onions, 1 clove of garlic, 1 small knob of ginger, 1 red chili

2 carrots, 1/2 lime, 2 tsp coconut sugar, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tbsp light soy sauce

2 tsp coconut oil, 2 tsp dark sesame oil, pepper, pistacchios for crunch

150 g wide rice tagliatelle



Heat water in a kettle and soak the noodles in a bowl for 4 min, drain. Chop carrots, sprin onions - leave some of the greens to the side for garnish. Cut the shallot in rings. Different cuttings are great for the mouthfeel.

Chop ginger, garlic and chilli with a large knife into a fine mash and put that into the hot coconut oil in the wok first. Stir well and give it 2 min. Now in with the seasoned veggies. 



5 parts salt to 1 part sugar and you can season them 5 min before starting to cook. They will  taste a lot better. Now in with the prawns and noodles, stir and stir.



Next is the sesame oil, the oyster sauce and soy. Next sugar and lime. Toss in the pistacchios and the onion greens and you are ready to serve.

All prep and cooking time is 15 min. Better then any kind of delivery.



No comments:

Post a Comment