Tuesday 22 December 2020

Goat Cheese Mascarpone Cream with Carrot Pasta

Leftovers on the table and winning against food waste.



The red lentil soup from last weekend required goat cheese cream. Half of it was sitting in the fridge for further use. But what zse? Sticking my head in the veggie drawer I fouünd spotted carrots. Only bad on the outside. A good peeling later, they were as good as new.



Since I had the speed peeler already in my hand I made lots of carrot strips and ate the core. For a complete dish it was not enough. I streched the carrots with some Pappardelle.

Cook the pappardelle first. When they are nearly cooked, add the carrot strips. They just will need a minute. Drain and keep a little pasta water.

Mix some of it with the cheese to loosen it. Then add that to the carrot pasta. Some sprouts for more crunch and that is some tasty leftover food.



If you haven't read the recipe for the goat cheese cream:

75 g log of goat cheese, 75 ml whole milk, 75 g mascarpone cheese. Melt the goat cheese in the milk. Cool down and blend, add the mascarpone and refrigirate.






 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment