Wednesday 2 December 2020

Lemon and Buttermilk Bundt Cake

I watched a cooking show with Giada di Laurentiis. She made a bundt cake with lots of lemon. I checked the internet until I found the recipe. Baking without exact messurements is always a bad idea. But I only used 1 3/4 cup of sugar and a different glaze.



First step was to candy the lemons for later. The way Giada did it was a very basic. I candied orange and lemon peel before and it took days. Today I just cooked the lemon slices in sugar water for 10 min. Then put it on a drying rack and let it sit there until I had finished the batter. If I make the cake again I will take the time to candy the lemons more.  I did not like the bitter taste of the lemons.



recipe:

2 organic unwaxed lemons, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cup water

Cake batter:

3 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt

1 cup buttermilk, 230 g butter, 4 eggs  all at room temperature

Zest 2 lemons, 1/3 cup lemon juice

Glaze: 100 g Lindt compound chocolate + 1 tsp coconut oil



Heat up the sugar in the water, wash the lemons and cut them into slices. Put them in the pot and cook them for 10 min. Put them on a rack to dry out and cut them into small chunks.



Use a standmixer and beat butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one after an other and beat in between. Scrape the bowl. Now in with buttermilk and vanilla. Next in with the lemon zest and juice.



Mix the dry ingredients and add them in 3 steps. Mixing all in. Use a spatula and put the candied lemon pieces in.

Preheat the oven 175C.  Use a bundt cake tin and butter it. Bake the cake for 50 min. Check with a wooden skewer, if it is done.



Take it out of the tin after 10 min and let it cool down completely. Melt the chocolate and add the coconut oil. Drissle over the cake.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment