Saturday 24 July 2021

Coquelet or Springchicken

On my grocery shopping haul in France I stumbled over some tiny chickens at the meat counter st the supermarket. They looked to small to eat. But I accepted the challenge and bought one.



I wanted to prepare it in the air fryer.



The size is small enough to fit into the basket. Now I needed some idea how to season it. On Pinterest I found one. Spread a good amount of medium hot mustard all around the chicken and set 2 sprigs of rosemary on top. I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper outside and inside. For additional flavour I added 2 leaves of my Australian lemon leaf from my balcony. 



The air fryer has a special setting for chicken. I use it for wings and drumsticks. The small sized bird went in at the same setting. But after the initial 25 min at 200C were over, the juices did not run clear.



I turned it over and gave it an other 8 min and it was done. So 33 min at 200 C did the trick.




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment