Saturday 10 July 2021

Meatballs with Olives and Parsley

Here in Germany I would call them Frikadellen, Buletten or Fleischpflanzerl depending on the region of Germany. We love our mixed minced pork and beef. Available ready minced together at every butcher shop or supermarket chain. The meatballs are very juicy because the pork meat is a bit fattier.



My BFF still sends me recipe cutouts or little shop leaflets. I found this recipe in a butcher shop leaflet. I only upped the seasoning a lot. Just adding salt and pepper to meatballs does not do it for me. This is a recipe for a BBQ. I only have an electric Tefal one for the balcony. It does the job, but it takes a couple of minutes longer to get cooked.



Recipe for 5 meatballs:

400 g mixed minced pork and beef

1 egg, 2 tbsp breadcrumbs, 3 spring onions, 3 garlic cloves, spray oil, 1 bunch parsley, 50 g green olives

1/2 tsp each of dried thyme, smoked sea salt, pepper, smoked paprika, chili flakes



The spray oil is used on top of the meatballs to prevent them from sticking to the grill. Mix the mince with the finely chopped veggies and form 5 meatballs. Toss them from one hand to the other a couple of times to get the air out.



On the electric BBQ they will need about 20 min. Turn them after 8 min for the first time



On a conventional BBQ they will need 10 - 12 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment