Saturday 31 July 2021

Kimchi Fried Rice

This is an other awesome recipe from one of my favourite YT channels Aaron and Clare. When I go into our Asia Go Supermarket, I always stock up on fresh kimchi in the fridge section of the market. When these bags are a bit longer at home in my fridge, they get more sour. But I love this too.



I had leftover rice from my Gung Penang and it was sitting in the fridge. A unopened bag of kimchi just beside it. Then I watched the newest YT video and knew I had to make that recipe next. LIDL hat pork belly on offer and I bought it yesterday on my way home.



Spring onions are a staple in my household and all kinds of sauces that are needed for this dish. Aarons finishing touch with roasted seaweed is awesome. I have these snack packages too.



recipe for 1 or 2:

170 g pork belly, 100 g kimchi, 2 spring onions, 1 tsp oil, 1 bowl cold rice, 3 tbsp water

sauce: 1 1/2 tbsp gochugaru hot pepper flakes, 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp rice syrup or sugar

1 tsp sesame oil, 1 - 2 fried eggs, 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds, 3 seaweed snacks   



Start with the pork belly slices and cook them until nearly done. Get them out and cut them up into strips. Back into the pan. Chop the green onions and keep some of the greens for garnish. Put the other into the pan and crank up the heat. Add a tiny bit of oil.



Take the kimchi into a ceramic or glass bowl and cut it up. Pour to the meat and stir well. In with the cold rice. Let it take heat and color.

Now is time to add the sauce. If it is a little to dry, add water and cook it out. That prevents burning.  



Keep stirring. Finish with a little sesame oil. In a second pan fry the eggs. Put all into a bowl, top with egg, green onion and sesame seeds and seaweed.

What a tasty dish, I loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment