Friday 9 July 2021

Fennel Tuna Fish and Rice

A fast lunch on a work from home day. 



I checked my veggie drawer and found a fennel bulb from my last grocery shopping.  It needed a purpose. Some protein beside the one cabanossi in the fridge was needed. The sausage will go into an other dish soon. I was not out to the shops and the fridge looked a little bare. 



But I stocked up on cans of tuna fish. This was tuna fish in sunflower oil. Very good quality. I cooked the yasmine rice in veg stock in my rice cooker. Not much to do.



I used some of my spring onions a d garlic as a base for the fennel. The onions were roasted in some olive oil. After they took some color I added the shredded fennel and have it 3 min. Now I added some terragon which is growing on my balcony like weed. 



A good gluck of Noilly Prat and a lid helped with steaming the veggies. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, smoked paprika anf herbes de Provence. Now in with 100 ml of double cream and the cooked rice the tuna fish. Lots of fresh herbs finish the dish.


Ingredients:

1 medium can of tuna fish in sunflower oil, 1 cup rice cooked in veg stock

2 spring onions, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 fennel bulb, 100 ml double cream, 50 ml Noilly Prat

Terragon, fresh herbs, seasoning


No comments:

Post a Comment