Tuesday 20 July 2021

Museau de Boeuf Salad 2.0 with Fish Sauce and Capers

My first recipe of this salad is a runner on this blog (16.04.2016). I never thought there are so many people around who eat the strangely textured meat shaved of the inner side of a mouth of a cow. 



We have here in Hessian a sausage called Schwartemagen. That is a blatter of a pig filled with head meat and other pig parts you wont see otherwise. Smoked it is a delicous sausage. But I love it cooked too.  This museau de boeuf reminds me of it.



My old recipe is very traditional. The idea for the new one I found on Google. Just the 2 ingredients of  Thai fish sauce and salty capers caught my eye. 



Recipe for 2:

350 g museau de boeuf

1/2 red onion, 1 white onion, bunch of parsley, 3 tbsp salted capers ( not in brine)

4 gherkins, 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, 5 tbsp oilve oil, 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar,

1 1/2 tbsp Thai fish sauce, pepper

Cut the onions into strips and put them into a sieve and pour boiling water over them. Cool down. Chop the capers, gherkins and parsley. Make the dressing and mix everything with the sliced meat. Put in the fridge for 30 min.

Serve with baguette.




No comments:

Post a Comment