Saturday 13 May 2023

Purple Asparagus with red Pesto and Spaghetti

I bought my weekend supply of fresh asparagus this morning. 



I was at a Toom Baumarkt- like Home Depot- to pick up my online ordered tomato tents. The rainy season this year is NOT coming to an end. I have to protect my future crop from the water.



Opposite the Baumarkt was an asparagus shack. So many ideas to cook with asparagus every year. I had to stop by there to get my fill. And I found the purple ones. I had them last year for the first time. They were a bit of a surprise. Usually I steam my asparagus. I did it with the purple ones too. Surprise: I opened the lid and they were green, WtF?



This time I tossed them in a pan and hoped for the best.

Recipe for 1:

250 g purple asparagus (or green), parsley

1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, salt, pepper

3 tsp red Pesto, 60 ml double cream

80 g spaghetti

Break off the woody part from the asparagus and cut them in 3 or 4 pieces. Keep the tips separat.

Cook the spaghetti.



Heat up butter and oil and get the veg stems in, season them and sauté them for 2 min. Add the cream and pesto. Toss in the tips and stir well. Fish the pasta direktly out and add it in the pan. A little pasta water helps with the sauce. Finish with parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment