Monday 8 May 2023

Roastbeef

I usually do not like beef that is red or pink in the middle. But I wanted to prepare a chunk of beef on the Coronation weekend. Roastbeef is so traditional British.



I went to the butcher to get the right kind of beef and good quality. This does not come cheap! But that was allright, I had some for Sunday's dinner and have enough for cold cuts during the week.



The quality of the beef is exceptional. The pink meat is soft and very tasty. The red meat juice pooling at the bottom of the storage container is still a bit offsetting, but I work my way around it.



Cooking:

850 g roastbeef

1 tbsp neutral cooking oil, a lot of salt

Pepper and Dijon mustard



Preheat the oven to 100 C. 

Heat up the oil in a skillet and season the beef with a good amount of salt. Sear it on high on all sides.

Take it out and use fresh ground pepper for more seasoning. Brush the beef with mustard sll over. Use a baking psn with rack and place the roastbeef on top.



Cook for 2 hours. Use an internal thermometer to check the temperature.  I go for 58 C.

After 2 hours cooking time the thermometer only showed 48 C. I increased the temp to 160 C for 30 min. The thermometer showed 57 C, I stopped the cooking and opened the oven door. The beef stayed in the oven for 12 min.

Served was it with potato mash.

No comments:

Post a Comment