Friday 26 May 2023

Red Pesto Asparagus and Pasta Soup

I am cleaning out my fridge once again. This soup reminded me of a Minetrone in the end. I just left out any kind of meat.



The homemade stock was the first thing that caught my eye when I opened the fridge door. It needed to be used up, then a small bag of cooked pasta and an open package of cream cheese. The veggie drawer was full over everything.  But not enough of one to make something out of it, all different things went on the counter.



The cooking was fast. Just peel and clean the veggies and toss them in some oil to get a little color. But keep the tips of the asparagus out of the pot for later.

Pour in the veg stock and bring it up to boil. Cover and reduce the heat and cook for 12 min. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and add the red pesto and the tips.



Cream cheese and some creme fraiche makes it more moorish.

Ingredients:

400 g asparagus, 1 green onion, 1 red pepper, 1 carrot, 1/2 leek, 600 ml veg stock homemade

Salt, pepper, thyme, fresh oregano, 4 tsp red pesto

2 tbsp cream cheese, 2 tbsp creme fraiche


No comments:

Post a Comment