Monday 1 May 2023

Wild Garlic Butter

During asparagus season a lot ot butter is smothered on the veggie. 



Many people do use the Maggi or Knorr packages with ready made Hollandaise. But that industrial stuff has nothing to do with the Mothersauce. It's mostly cheap palm oil and a bunch of things you should not eat.



When I am in the mood, I prepare the real Hollandaise myself. But most of the time I use just butter.



Today I had to get rid of a lot of green leafy Bärlauch (wild garlic).

Recipe for 1 small dish:

60 g wild garlic, 90 g soft unsalted butter

1/4 lemon, juiced and some zest

1/4 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp Lea&Perrins Worchester Sauce

Lemon salt, pepper

Wash the leaves and cut them up. Put all ingredients in a high container and use a stick blender for a smooth paste.

You can keep the butter covered in the fridge up to 2 weeks or just freeze it.



I had the first taste of it with steamed green asparagus.



No comments:

Post a Comment