Wednesday 11 December 2019

Mapu Tofu

I am not a huge fan of Tofu. Until about 4 years ago I did not eat it at all. The visits to Japan made me into someone who tolerates tofu.
This dish is often served in Asian restaurants. I love to watch Mikey Chen eating his body weight in food around the world. One of his favourite dishes is Mapu Tofu. It originates from the Sichuan Province in China. My sauce package is Korean style. And I bought the mild stuff.


Next time I will grab the hot stuff .

This recipe is not vegetarian. I used some organic beef mince and some veggies.


Recipe for 3:
250 g organic beef mince
2 spring onions
300 g tofu
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp canola oil
1 package Mapu Tofu mild
1 yellow bell pepper
1 bunch of enoki mushrooms
100 ml chicken stock
Salt and pepper
Sichuan pepper
Hot sauce
Jasmine rice


Start the oil in a pan or wok and brown the beef mince. When it has a good colour add the lower part of the spring onions.
Bell pepper chunks are next.
Now in with the sauce. Add the chicken stock.
Cook it for 3 min and stir the mushrooms in.
Finish with the green tips of the spring onions.
Season with hot sauce and pepper to your taste.
Serve with Jasmine rice.


The tofu in this dish takes on the sauce well. The combination with the beef mince is a good one. The texture of tofu was the reason it put me off for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment