Thursday 5 December 2019

Pork "cookies"

At the office we were talking about the seasonal cookie baking. Most of us were not in the mood to really show what the cookie monster would love.
I decided not to bake this year. There are enough sweets around that I get my fix.


On my way home I went grocery shopping and bought a Bavarian classic made with finely minced pork and spices. It is called Leberkäs or Fleichkäse here in Germany.
The fine mix is filled into loaf tins and baked in the oven until it is done. Then you cut it up into slices and eat it on bread or with pretzels. When you like more savoury, put it in a pan and get it a bit seared on the outside.


I had the butcher cut me some 1/2 inch slices. When I came home I looked for my Christmas cookie cutters. I haven´t used them in years but still know where I stored them.


A XMas tree, an angel, a shooting star, a bell and polar bear were pressed into the slices of Leberkäs.


I seared them in a pan in a little oil for a couple of minutes. I had a huge head of cabbage at home. I made a simple Kraut dish with onion and caraway seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment